Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
Register online! Click the button on our home page, or here!
If you have any questions during the registration process, please give us a call or send us an email.
What age do dance classes start?
We offer independent, non-parented classes starting at 2 years old.
What does my child wear to class?
Click HERE to find out proper attire for all our classes.
What are the prices of classes?
Class price is based off of length of class.
30 minute class = $36/month*
45 minute class = $41/month*
60 minute class = $51/month*
90 minute class = $76/month*
What makes Starbound unique and different that other studios?
Some of the things that make us unique are:
- Starbound is dedicated to providing your child with the best dance training possible. Our staff are dedicated to continuing their dance training and education with ongoing education opportunities, workshops, expos and more!
- Our competitive dancers get a ton of different opportunities to compete and to perform
- All of our dancers are included in everything! All of our classes, even the 2/3 year olds get to perform in our Winter and Year End showcases. Younger dancers are just as much a part of our team as the older ones.
- Our competitive stream starts at 3 years old.
- Lots of local fundraising opportunities for our competitive team.
- We believe in supporting local and helping our own community thrive. We give back to our local community/families and businesses.
- High quality dance costumes for all dancers.
- Opportunities to work with guest choreographers.
- Every year we recognize 6 dancers to receive a personalized scholarship.
Is there a registration fee?
There is a one-time registration fee of $25 (plus tax), payable at the time of registration.
How do I make payments?
Payment options include cash, e-transfer, cheques, or online automatic monthly withdrawal (Visa, MasterCard, or Debit Visa/MasterCard) via parent portal.
What happens if my child no longer wants to participate in dance?
We understand that things happen, problems arise, and situations change all the time throughout the year. If, for any reason, you need to withdrawal during the year, Starbound Dance Center must receive a written or emailed notice about your withdrawal.
Do you offer shows/recitals/opportunities for my child to perform?
At Starbound we believe it is important for all of our dancers to have the opportunity to perform for their friends, families and loved ones. This is why we offer at least two shows/performances per year, one Winter Showcase and one Year End Showcase.
Recreational and competitive classes of all ages may be asked to perform throughout the year. We have been asked to perform at Senior Centres, schools, etc. and we love including our recreational students and giving them an extra chance to perform.
Do you offer adult classes?
Yes, please inquire about what styles we are offering and scheduling.
Do you offer private lessons?
Yes, please inquire about pricing and scheduling.
Why do I pay for a full month, regardless if there is 2, 3, 4, or 5 lessons in a month?
The dance year runs for 10 months, from September to June, and fees are based on 33 lessons per year. This does take into account Holidays such as Easter, Christmas, Reading Week, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day and Family Day. During some months, classes may run 5 times per a month and other months, 2 times per month. Cost is based on an average, rather than being calculated monthly based on the amount of days a class would run.
We do run classes the week following recital so that students may say goodbye to their teacher and all of their friends. We always make this Pyjama week and students get to finish off the year by having a party!
Why choose dance?
There are so many great benefits to choosing dance as a physical activity for you child. Dance promotes socialization, fosters lifelong friendships, build teamwork, promotes creative, builds musicality, helps children with their fine and gross motor skills, helps develop co-ordination, fosters self-esteem building, can be an emotional outlet, increase muscle strength and endurance, improve balance, helps with spatial awareness and improves flexibility.